What is your area of expertise, who do you serve, and how do you serve them?
Michael Levitt is the founder & Chief Burnout Officer of The Breakfast Leadership Network, a San Diego and Toronto-based burnout media firm. He is a Keynote speaker, host of the Breakfast Leadership show, a Certified NLP and CBT Therapist, a Fortune 500 consultant, and author of the new book BURNOUT PROOF.
Why would someone choose you over a competitor?
Michael Levitt has spoken to thousands of people around the world. In this talk he will teach you some of the most important things he’s learned about burnout prevention
Share a specific time you encountered an obstacle and describe how you overcame it.
My workplace burnout took place back in 2009/10, where my extreme burnout led to my year of worst-case scenarios.
I was working as a healthcare executive, and I was working from 6 am-11 pm 7 days a week. I was constantly receiving and sending emails, eating fast food for my 3 meals of the day, and I stopped doing things I enjoyed doing because I was severely stressed out.
Between May 2009 and May 2010, I had a heart attack that should have killed me, lost my job during the economic recession, had my car repossessed, and my home foreclosed, all in a period of 369 days.
It was the best thing that could have ever happened to me.
It gave me a chance to reinvent myself, and design a life that is free from burnout. It took time, but I learned self-care techniques, as well as how my thoughts and behaviors led to my burned-out state.
While this happened over a decade ago, I see similarities to the #WFH burnout that so many are facing now during COVID-19, and my story unfortunately could be happening to people across the globe.
Share a short story about your best (or favorite) case study.
I was a mentor to someone that was burned out, and her burnout was preventing her from being successful in her job, as well as prevented her body from conceiving (she was trying to start her family.)
After getting her confidence, and learning techniques to reduce and prevent burnout, she was able to relax enough and gain confidence.
She surprised me with news a few months later saying she was pregnant!
What advice would you give the “20-Year-Old-You” who’s eager to start in life?
Don’t work 80-hour weeks.
Please describe a monumental time in your life that you’ll never forget.
Those 369 Days in 2009/10 were very monumental to me, as it gave me an opportunity to reinvent myself, which I’m thankful I had that opportunity to do so.
List the direct links/URL to your social media profiles so people can follow you:
Social media and other links:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bfastleadership/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bfastleadership
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bfastleadership/
- Facebook: https://Facebook.com/bfastleadership
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS08gscC9Ciz4-7nFY9zj5g
- Blog: https://BreakfastLeadership.com/blog
- Interviews: https://BreakfastLeadership.com/media
- Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/4fJZLyoYQ82T3DR4OPqRIb
- Burnout Proof: https://amzn.to/37prw48
- 369 Days: How To Survive A Year of Worst-Case Scenarios: https://amzn.to/38Zd807
- Burnout: How You Entered The Path To Burnout: https://amzn.to/2GQWFyZ
- SpeakerHub: https://speakerhub.com/speaker/michael-levitt?b=s (includes testimonials from past talks)
- Certified virtual presenter: https://www.espeakers.com/certified/virtual/index.php?speaker_id=41976
- espeaker: https://www.espeakers.com/s/tcon/speaker/profile/41976
- 500 Speakers: https://500speakers.com/k:levitt
- Speaker reel: https://youtu.be/6dlZLVzZRyc
- My Smartphone Burnout talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG1UdJZr9ww
- Leading Through Change Without Burning Out (Virtual Conference): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQWFYSJohrI